schengen
Blog, Germany, Personal, Travel, Visa

How to Get A Schengen Visa to Travel Europe

I’m using a speech to text program because I know that this post will be super long. I wanted to be as detailed as possible because like you, I had no idea before how to get a Schengen visa if you’re from Philippines. All I know is that it was super hard especially for a citizen from a developing country like me. Let me tell you now, it’s hard but it’s not impossible. I really hope that by end of this post, you will learn a lot on how to get your own visa.

Just a background about my profile: I’m a 21-year-old Content Writer and Marketer – Digital Marketing for Bolton International since July 2015. I graduated a year ago and I landed my first job as a Search Engine Optimization Writer for Lazada Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore where I worked from March-July, 2015. I have no kids/dependent and I’m not married.

Ask me six months ago and I would tell you how it’s my dream to go see the world and travel. Ask me six months ago and I’ll also tell you how I think it’d be impossible for me to do so because I know it’s hard. Sure, I know that I will eventually get my dreams of traveling around the world but I would have never guessed that I will be able to accomplish it at the age of 21 years old and without the help of anyone financially.

This might not be a big deal to some but let me tell you, I didn’t come from a well-to-do family and to top that, there was an error in my birth certificate. It took me 3 years to finally correct my gender from male to female (but I’m a legit female, okay lol) and those 3 years, you have no idea how many buckets I cried. I can’t get my passport and travel because of that stupid error which I have no idea why it took so long. I missed the opportunities in New York City last year, Dubai, and New Zealand this year because of this gender error.

Long story short, God knows the right timing and weeks after I had my birth certificate error corrected and after I hit my financial goal, I received my multiple-entry Schengen visa.

Schengen Visa Germany Mania Philippines

Everybody wants to go to Europe. Germany, France, Netherlands, Greece, and Spain are just some of the countries you’ll find in there. Everything in Europe speaks of class, culture, and art! However, not just because you have a money and can afford the plane ticket doesn’t mean you can visit those places. You will need a visa to do so and today, I will teach you how you can obtain one.

What is a Schengen Visa?

This is basically a pass or a permission that allows you to travel to the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Unlike first world countries, citizens from our country need to apply for this visa in order to travel Europe. They say that it’s harder to get a Schengen visa than a US visa because a single visa will allow you to travel to 24 freaking countries in a maximum span of 90 days / 3 months. By the way, this visa is only allowed for tourism. There’s a different type for work/marriage/study.

I only know how to get one for tourism.

When can I apply?

You can start planning for your trip, completing the requirements, and booking your interview 3 months before your trip. I planned for my trip the first week of November 2015, asked for my employer’s approval for my leave around the first week of January 2016, booked my visa interview by the 30th of January, and completed the requirements by the 26th of February.

For the full timeline on my visa progress, refer to this post.

Is it hard to get one?

Obtaining 150 pages of document is hard but the effort was so worth it.

12970516_1087019528016428_48735176_o

Do I need to be super rich to be granted a Schengen visa?

Nope. Don’t believe the Internet and the naysayers telling you that your chances are low because you’re not rich. I am not rich! I live near a highway and vulcanizing shop, my parents are teacher and driver, I studied at a public school, I don’t have a car, nor do I have a rich boyfriend to finance me. So, no! As long as you can prove that you won’t stay there illegally, then you’re safe. Just be sure to have a job and a decent savings on your account. My sister applied for a visa last 2013 and unfortunately, she was denied. We think it’s because she didn’t have a job back then when she applied. To secure your chance, look for a job, save some money, and then apply for your visa. Don’t rush because Europe will wait for you. Do it slowly but surely.

Do I need to have a boyfriend/friend/relative in Europe to be granted a Schengen visa?

Nope. If you can do it yourself, it’s nice to do it yourself. I do have a relative in Europe but the embassy didn’t even ask me to submit a document showing that I do have one. It still depends, though. If you think you lack the money needed for your Europe tour, you can declare that you have a boyfriend/friend/relative in Europe who will support you. As for my case, I am really blessed to have an aunt in Europe who is so supportive and willing to make their home my home base while I travel (I love her so much!) but even if family is family, I still don’t want to cause inconvenience  to anyone  and ask for money just for my dream.

I’m glad to say that I financed this whole trip 100% using my own money from hard work but I won’t judge you if you need help from someone. Whatever floats your boat just as long as you’re not hurting anyone and you’re happy.

12962579_1087019481349766_2020211353_o

How much money do I need to show the embassy?

It depends upon the embassy. France is an expensive country to live in and they require 56.20 euro per day. The German embassy requires that you’ll have 45 euros or PHP 2,385 per day exclusive of your flight ticket. So for example, I’m planning to stay for 30 days, I need to have PHP 2,385 x 30 = PHP 71,550 + the flight ticket of let’s say, PHP 52,000 = PHP 123,550. Of course, you need to have more than that because the embassy might think you’ll have nothing left when you return from your trip. In my opinion, you need to have at least PHP 200,000 for a 30-day stay in Europe as PHP 123,550 excludes accommodation and activities.

Can you tell me the step-by-step process on how to get my Schengen visa?

Of course!

1. Plan your trip.

Where in Europe would you want to go first and for how long? This is important because you have to apply in the embassy of the country you’ll stay at the longest.

What if I want to go to Germany for 10 days and then Netherlands for 10 days?

If you’ll stay at different countries at an equal time, you should apply at the country you’ll go to first. In this scenario, apply in German embassy.

1. Google, Google, and Google

…or Yahoo. Whatever floats your boat but research and read travel blogs to answer your questions. My favorite Schengen visa blog post is by Dream Euro Trip. DJ Yabis is an amazing person and he is very helpful answering people’s questions through the comment section. His post on how to get the visa is actually my homepage for 3 months. It’s so detailed and you will learn a lot from the firsthand experience of the commenters.

1. Read the embassy’s requirements

Different countries included in the Schengen zone have a lot of similarities with their requirements but there are still some that differs. I applied in the German embassy and I’m glad that the website is very detailed and it answers a lot of questions.

• Reply Aviva April 5, 2016 at 10:40 am

Will they take the original copy of the birth certificate, or do they just need to see it to validate the photocopy?

• Reply Jacklynne April 5, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Hi, Aviva.

They need both original and photocopied birth certificate. Photocopy it twice so that you’ll have your copy, as well. 🙂

• Reply CL April 19, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Hi,
        Pde bang pnta ng tourist then mag apply ng work po?

• Reply Jacklynne April 20, 2016 at 10:08 am

‘Wag po. I don’t like it na ganyan na the embassy trusted us with a tourist visa then we’ll apply for work. Bawal po yun. I suggest apply for a work visa directly po.

• Reply Wander Shugah April 5, 2016 at 11:26 am

So proud of you, Jack! Have fun in Europe! Sana makapah Europe din ako soon. Safe travels!

• Reply Jacklynne April 5, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Naku I envy you nga! You’ve been to almost all islands in the PH! After my Eurotrip, I’ll explore PH naman! 🙂

• Reply Wander Shugah April 5, 2016 at 9:59 pm

When I’m done visiting all the islands I love in Pinas Ill push thru with my S.America trip. Keep me in mind when you visit Bukidnon. I have a lovely spot by the lake! 🙂

• Reply Winter April 5, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Hi Jacklynne!

Thanks for this post! Really happy when “Petra Halimuyak ” shared this post on her Facebook account (I got an idea now!).
    Just want to ask, how much is your total budget on your overall trip?

• Reply Jacklynne April 5, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Thanks, Winter! I’m still gauging how much I’m going to spend on this trip but so far, I’ve already spent 200,000+. I’ll create a blog post on how much I spent after my Eurotrip. Hope you’ll stay posted. 🙂

• Reply Ellaine April 5, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Hi Jacklynne! You got your Schengen Visa from Germany Embassy, right? But what if I want to visit another country in a span of 30 days, do I have to visit another European Embassy for a different visa? Or the visa that was approved by Germany Embassy okay to use to other European countries? Thanks for the response in advance!

• Reply Jacklynne April 5, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Yes, Ellaine. Once an embassy included in the Schengen zone approved your visa, you’re already free to travel anywhere in Europe. Good luck! 🙂

• Reply jill April 5, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Hi..you gave me hope!! I just want to ask if do i really need to visit any other contries first (outside europe) before i can apply for schengen visa? One of my friend told me that i should have atleast travelled to any other countries before applying. Thanks

• Reply Jacklynne April 5, 2016 at 3:12 pm

I’ve never been to any country outside the Philippines. If you can prove to the consul that you’ll come back after your Eurotrip, they will grant you one regardless of your travel history. Good luck! 🙂

• Reply DJ Yabis | Dream Euro Trip April 5, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Enjoy your trip! So excited for you!

• Reply PRC April 6, 2016 at 6:18 am

Hi Jacklynne, nice blog! Been meaning to apply for a schengen visa since europe is one of my dream destination as well :)… i’m still saving for this though :).

Anyways, can i request for the cover letter you presented for my reference 🙂

Appreciate the help!

Many thanks!

• Reply Anonymous April 8, 2016 at 3:47 pm

Hi Miss Jacklynne,
    Do you know someone who can process a Visa?

• Reply Jacklynne April 10, 2016 at 9:58 am

I don’t and I do not suggest it. Most of them are rip-offs and I don’t get the point of hiring one when you can do it yourself. I will gladly answer your questions if you have one.

• Reply Kk April 12, 2016 at 7:23 am

Hello, I have a question regarding the VIDEX form. The form only asks for our last names and given names, right? What should I do about the middle name? Thank you!

• Reply Jacklynne April 19, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Yeah. I didn’t put my middle name.

• Reply vel April 12, 2016 at 9:41 am

Hi Jacklyn,

Is it okay if I fill out the application form by hand ?

• Reply Jacklynne April 19, 2016 at 7:48 pm

No, you can’t. You have to answer it through the form or else you cannot print it.

• Reply Ee April 12, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Hi miss Jacklynne,

I am one of those people who dreams to travel the world especially Europe and i read your comment above that you spent 200,000+ php, and you mention in your blog that you hit your financial goal, can i know how much is it?

Thankyou in advance

• Reply Jacklynne April 19, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I’ll post all about my travel finances on my blog soon. Please stay tuned. 🙂

• Reply Kristina April 13, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Thank you so much for this! I have been suffering anxiety regarding my application for Schengen visa. And knowing that you haven’t been anywhere but the Philippines and submitting a 3-month bank statement, kinda makes me less anxious. Still anxious but less. If ever I have questions once I’ve scheduled and submitted the reqts, hope you’d answer me. And yes, if you are kind enough and if it’s okay to send your cover letter to me, I’d appreciate it. The target embassy is The Netherlands.

Thank you Jacklynne for giving us hope and super great tips. And you’ve gained a follower.

Kind regards

• Reply vel April 14, 2016 at 3:43 am

Hi Miss Jacklynne,
    Do you have example of your application form which you filled up?

• Reply Jacklynne April 19, 2016 at 7:51 pm

I do but medyo private kasi those info kaya I can’t post here, eh. Hope you understand.

• Reply Anonymous April 14, 2016 at 3:50 am

Hi jack,
    Can I request your Iterinary letter and cover letter?

hoping for your response.
    Thanks

• Reply Jacklynne April 19, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I’ll post the link on my blog. Please stay tuned. 🙂

• Reply Musharoon April 16, 2016 at 8:36 am

I am really happy for you.

• Reply Abby April 19, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Ohmygosh! You give high hopes it’s really my dream to go to Europe specially Paris. Please share your trip to France if ever you’re going to. Thank You and have fun!

• Reply Mitch April 19, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Hi jacklynne

I will be processing my visa this june. Problem is i dont have work but my family will shoulder all the expenses. Is there any possibility i will aprove? I will be staying in europe for 10days only. But i dont have plan wer to go there. Ill be travelling to netherland.

• Reply Jacklynne April 19, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Hi Mitch!

I suggest you present a job offer in the situation that you currently don’t have a job. Tell the embassy about your plans to go for a vacation and your career plans after that.

I wish you luck!

• Reply Mitch April 19, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Follow up. Can u send sample letter please for all the letters u send in embassy.

• Reply Jacklynne April 19, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Hi! Will post on my blog this week.

• Reply marieyanna April 20, 2016 at 8:15 am

Bookmarked. For now, ipon muna. Bawas gastos sa mga mamahaling food at clothes. hahaha Thank you for sharing this. :)))

• Reply Jacklynne April 20, 2016 at 10:08 am

Correct! Sacrifice muna! 🙂 I will blog din how I saved money. Stay tuned! 🙂

• Reply Justine April 20, 2016 at 9:01 am

Hi Jack can you please send me the cover letter you presented for my reference .. My appointment to netherlands embassy will be on April 26,2016 .. Thank you in advance.

• Reply Anonymous April 20, 2016 at 9:17 am

You are my savior!! I wanna visit europe but i really dont know how so i guess i’ll just do exactly what you did. You really inspired me to live my dream and work hard for it. Im glad i read this and im really looking forward to read more of your blogs. 😁

• Reply Jacklynne April 20, 2016 at 10:09 am

Thanks!! Good luck ha! I’m sure you’ll get it! 🙂

• Reply Anonymous April 22, 2016 at 11:17 am

Hi Jack what are the documents you presented to the Airport? Is it Only the VISA,passport and roundtrip ticket?

• Reply Jacklynne April 22, 2016 at 4:27 pm

In NAIA, they asked for my employment ID and HMO card. In the immigration in Frankfurt, they also asked for my debit cards.

• Reply Anonymous April 24, 2016 at 7:23 am

What is HMO card?

• Reply Jacklynne April 24, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Medical card given by your employer.

• Tina October 5, 2016 at 6:45 am

are they going to check the balances of your debit card?

• Jacklynne October 6, 2016 at 1:51 am

Yup! 🙂

• Reply Anonymous April 26, 2016 at 10:57 am

Hello Jaclynne,

I’ve been researching how to apply for Japan, Korea, US or even Schengen Visa for years. And every time I check the required documents needed I immediately just closed the browser. For the reason that my work is freelance and home-based and for that I cannot present an itr.Will it be flag if I don’t have an itr? Should I still try? Thanks-Mi

• Reply Jacklynne April 27, 2016 at 6:27 pm

I can’t say for sure but ITR and a corporate work are really a big help. You can try asking your client/s to provide you with a contract and explain to the embassy what you do. You can also pay tax even as a freelancer. I did that when I was doing the same thing as a freelance writer. 🙂

• Reply Belle Lopez May 4, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Hi Jacklynne 🙂

Thank you for sharing your Schengen Visa Application experience at the German Embassy. I’ve been planning to go to Europe for vacation and get things off my mind. It’s been a whirlwind and I need to take some time off and maybe go soulsearching.

Uhmmm, noob question. Hee What do you think about this, I’ll be staying the longest in Italy but I plan to have Germany as my first entry country and maybe spend 10days there. Should I be applying at the Italian Embassy? Or is it okay to go with my visa application at the German Embassy?

Another question. I don’t have much as my current balances in my bank accounts because I have them invested in UITFs and mutual funds instead. Is it okay to use the UITF/mutual fund statement of accounts/certificates instead of the bank statement? Is it really necessary to get the bank certificate? As stated in your blog, it’s different from the bank statement of account as it bears the signature of the bank manager. But I won’t be having bank statement of accounts.

I hope the UITF/mutual fund statement of accounts/certificates would suffice as I really leave small amounts or sometimes empty my bank accounts.

I also tried to download your sample cover letter and itinerary but unfortunately it won’t open as the system would prompt the file not supported. I hope I could still have a copy of those sample docs.

Enjoy your Euro trip, Jacklynne 🙂 Will stay tune for your blog about your Euro trip. I hope I could be in Europe and fulfill my dream of traveling same as you.

Thanks again and regards.

Belle Lopez

• Reply Jacklynne May 4, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Hello from Rotterdam, NL!

Go for that Europe vacation and I swear, you will be 1000x happier than how you are now. 🙂

Anyway, you should apply to Italian Embassy if that’s the case. As of the bank money, yes, you can show the UITF SOA but request your bank statement and bank certificate, too because they need it or else your visa won’t be processed. Just explain to them your case once they asked why you have no savings.

I tried opening my download links and it seem to be working. Try it on your computer. 🙂

Thank you and good luck!

• Reply Imnotloosinghope May 8, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Hi Jack,
    Do you have idea how to file a remontrance? My Visa got rejected yesterday. I am a student. I just gave them the proof of rootedness here in the Philippines ” CERTIFICATE OF ENROLLMENT AND REGISTRATION FORM with receipt that I paid for the whole semester.

9. YOur intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained

Remarks:
    Regarding 9:
    The embassy must make a prognosis regarding the applicant’s return to the Philippines. Th documentation and other personal details you submitted were not enough for the embassy to arrive at a position estimation of your willingness to return to the Philippines.

I hope you can help me.

• Reply Tonette May 24, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Hello jack you really inspired me to fulfill my life long dream to visit Europle, now I’m really planning to push na this haha. Question ko lang, I checked the German Embassy website and nkalagay don 6 months bank cert kailangan? Pero pwede dn ba kht 3 months bank cert nalang ?

Also, I’m an owner of a travel agency, will it make the application easier kaya or harder hehe. Thanks!

• Reply Tonette May 24, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Hello jack you really inspired me to fulfill my life long dream to visit Europle, now I’m really planning to push na this haha. Question ko lang, I checked the German Embassy website and nkalagay don 6 months bank statement kailangan? Pero pwede dn ba kht 3 months bank statement nalang ?

• Reply Jacklynne May 30, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Oh I’m glad I inspired you! :”> Yes, I did pass the bank statement for 6 months. Better be on the safer side! 🙂

It will make the application easier since you have a business.

Good luck! 😀 Update me, please?

• Reply Prakash May 30, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Hi JACKLYNNE,

So I am planning for a Visit to Germany to meet my Girlfriend & she is going to Provide the Formal Obligation letter and informal invitation letters for me(Because I am not sure I have sufficient fund for the process to pass) . Thing is that I have all the necessary documents except that I do not work for a company as I am freelancing with me and my friends from my apartment and we mostly have foreign clients giving us projects to work on from websites like upwork.com , freelancer.com etc . I need to know what would I provide as a proof of Emplyment or anything of that sort . Would appreciate your help. Thanks

• Reply Jacklynne May 30, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Thanks for visiting my site.

To answer your question, I’d suggest a print screen of your PayPal statement showing you earn money every month, your Skype conversation with your clients, and your contract if ever. 🙂

• Reply Prakash May 30, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Alright thanks for the assist . But just out of curiosity , how can I prove that “I will be returning back” ? I don’t know which document to provide to support that .

• Reply Jacklynne June 2, 2016 at 11:36 am

A flight reservation would do that for you! 🙂

• karen tiffany September 21, 2016 at 5:32 pm

hi jacklynne, i love all your trave blogs very informative,idol! can i ask for your help, i dont know which will i book for a flight reservation actually they lots of choices,how to choose which one is the best coz as i can see,it has a corresponding timeframe. and when is the best time to purchase it how many days before the appointment., actually iv got a uk visa and im planning to go on a sidetrip to paris thats why i need to have a flight reservation for a schengen visa.thanks i hope to hear from you soon

• Jacklynne September 26, 2016 at 9:52 am

Thank you for visiting my blog! 🙂 I got my flight reservation from Dream Euro Trip. It’s cheap and it’s accredited by the Embassy. Purchase one 2 weeks before your interview. 🙂 Good luck!

• Reply Tine June 7, 2016 at 1:55 am

Hi… I am looking for an affordable flight tickets to Germany and I will try those two links you provided. Will just ask did you book your own ticket from those sites and is there an additional charges from the price they had shown? Last time I book directly in airline but it is so expensive. I am a bit hesitant booking through those deals and hope I can be enlightened from your own experience. Thanks.

• Reply Jacklynne June 7, 2016 at 5:34 pm

I tried skyscanner.com and cheapflights.com. What they showed on the site was exactly what I paid. 🙂

• Reply Sol July 14, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Hi, i have a question, sa application form, #1 and #2. If single, need po ba both category should be filled up or # 1 lang kailangan? Then ano po ginamit sa boxes to answer x or check. Thank you.

• Reply Jacklynne July 14, 2016 at 11:17 pm

Hi, what Embassy is this? I am only certain with German Embassy. Sorry!

• Reply Sol July 14, 2016 at 11:27 pm

For Italy, however the format for the application form for Schengen Visa are all the same. I am not sure if I have to answer both #1 and #2.

• Reply Jacklynne July 15, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Not really. Some Schengen visa format is different from one country to another. Anyway, you need to answer everything before you can print it out.

• Reply dens August 22, 2016 at 5:16 pm

WoW! I just saw your vid because of When In Manila. thanks sa tips!! 🙂 What did you use for video editing btw? Thanks

• Reply Kim August 22, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Hi Jacklynne,

I love reading your blog. Any tips for an ofw like me, planning to apply for a schengen visa. I’ll be having my two months vacation in the Phils next year and planning to have a month long trip in Europe too. Thanks and best regards!

• Reply Jacklynne August 23, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Go for it. Complete the requirements, try securing COE from your employer, and ready your bank statements! 🙂

• Reply Mish Lacson August 23, 2016 at 5:36 am

Hi ate! I just read most of your blog posts regarding your Euro Trip and I got really inspired to do it too! <3 <3 <3

• Reply Kirsten August 23, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Hi Jacklynne, is it possible for the embassy to approve my visa even if i am currently unemployed? I have enough money on my bank account to fund my trip though.

• Reply Jacklynne August 23, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I have to be honest that the chance would be slim. You can still try it, though! Just make sure you have enough proof to come back. 🙂

• Reply Bergs Eye View August 25, 2016 at 1:40 pm

hi ms. jacklynne, what do you mean by 50 pesos per age in the requirements for bank statement?

• Reply Jacklynne August 25, 2016 at 5:05 pm

OMG SO SORRY FOR THE TYPO!!! It’s per PAGE. Apologies! 🙁

• Reply Anonymous September 3, 2016 at 11:41 am

ok! thanks for the info.

• Reply BERGS EYE VIEW September 3, 2016 at 11:43 am

ok! thanks for the info.

• Reply Bev September 6, 2016 at 3:18 am

Hi ms.jacklynne i would like to ask po kasi unemployed po ako one month na so i dont have any routedness to show.i have a freind who send me his formal obligation and invitation letter do i have a possibility na marefuse po ako.and i dont have yet the flight itinerary to show kasi we dont sure if magrant yung visa ko.thank you so much po

• Reply Jacklynne September 10, 2016 at 5:30 am

Anyone has the possibility to be refused. Flight reservation is just PHP2,000 and it’s a required document. Complete your requirements and do well in the interview. Good luck!

• Reply kris October 24, 2016 at 10:58 am

Yassss. Got my visa today. after 3 days of application. Thanks be to God. This will be my first time to go Europe..yeeeeepii

• Reply Jacklynne November 1, 2016 at 10:08 am

Where are you heading??? OMG! Congrats! <3

• Reply Ann October 24, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Hello po!! Habang tinatype ko to naiiyak ako sobrang nakakainspire at nagkaroon ako ng pag asa. Thank you so much. Sobrang dream ko to at kahit alam ko na matagal pa sya mangyayari atleast alam ko na di sya imposible. May tanong lang po ako may nabasa kasi ako sa google na lahat ng mag aapply for schengen visa ay kailangan magkaron din ng schengen travel visa insurance? Is it true?

• Reply Jacklynne November 1, 2016 at 10:09 am

Yes, travel insurance is one of the requirements. Good luck! It’s not impossible and you will soon see Europe! <3

• Reply Nessie November 3, 2016 at 9:27 am

Hi Miss Jack, just wondering kasi po sa mga nabasa kong blog before about getting a schengen visa, once you get approved, do you really have to buy a travel insurance? They said that it is one of the things that European Embassy requires and I didn’t see you mentioned it. Ayun na po ba yung medical insurance which only costed you Php6,000+ or iba pa po yun? Sa mga nabasa ko kasing blog, the minimum coverage of the travel insurance they require is 30,000euro. Is that even true? I’m planning to go to some places in Europe kasi to visit my European friends that I met when I had an internship in US. I’d appreciate your response po 🙂 Thank you!

• Reply Jacklynne November 4, 2016 at 1:43 am

That’s the insurance I was talking about 🙂 Mine covered a million euro ata if I’m not mistaken and it only cost me 6k! 🙂

• Reply Nessie November 4, 2016 at 5:46 am

Ahhh okayyy! I thought I have to pay the actual €30,000 for travel insurance. Omg! You gave me hope! Thank you so much, Miss Jack! I hope I can go to Europe soon like you. Start na me magsave. Hehe. Thank you po ulit! Next time I plan to go there, hingi po ulit ako sainyo ng mga advices and instructions ha? Hehe 🙂

• Reply Jacklynne November 7, 2016 at 1:46 am

Hahaha, nooo! I wouldn’t be able to go to Europe if I need to pay that kind of money for the insurance. Sure, you can ask me anytime! 🙂

• Reply Jean November 12, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Hello, Ms. Jacklynne! I’ve been meaning to ask this to you upon reading your blog. You mentioned that your relative’s house in one of the countries in Europe became your “home base” and I was wondering if that place became like your hotel or something while travelling Europe? I mean did you stay there on the whole duration of your Eurotrip? How were you able to travel from one country to another if that’s the case? Thank you so much! You’ve got a nice blog, by the way. It was helpful.

• Reply Jacklynne November 13, 2016 at 6:41 am

I left my stuff there while I traveled to other countries. I rode planes, trains, and bus to go to different countries aside from Germany. 🙂

• Reply irene November 18, 2016 at 1:38 pm

Hi jacklynne!
    Your blog is very helpful for people like me who “desperately” needs help for visa applications. I went to the care concept site to check their travel insurance and I don’t know which plan to choose. And you also mentioned that care concept gives you a refund if in case your visa will be denied.

Please enlighten me on this matter jacklynne.. Thank you so much!❤❤

• Reply Jacklynne November 25, 2016 at 6:51 am

I chose the plan “Care Visa Protect.” 🙂 Good luck on the interview!