yasthumbnail
Beauty, Review

DEMO: Hair Brush Comb Straightener

As you may have know (or not), I have the WORST hair in the planet because of my own stupidity. I just can’t leave my hair alone! If only I was contented with how it looked like, it would be like this:

3 years ago. BUT MY BROWS ARE FRIGGIN’ DISASTER. Oh well, you can’t have it all!

But noooooo! Jacklynne just HAS to be blonde and I’m stupid enough to think I can achieve platinum blonde in one sitting! I bleached my hair thrice in one night causing my hair to melt – yes! no joke! melt! I had 12 inches of my hair cut because of this bleaching disaster last 2012. I repeat the same thing just last May 2015 because I am that dumb.

Anyway, my hair looks like this without any product and when it’s just air-dried.

YIKES!

To think that my hair feels worse than how it looks. :—————–) HAIR, WHAT’S GOOD?!?! Y U DO DIS 2 ME!!!!!!

So imagine my amazement when I found out about this hair comb straightening brush shit. Right? A hair brush that can actually straighten your hair? Meaning, it will make the taming of my Lion King hair faster than how I would do it with a flat iron.

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 2.57.52 AM

I really don’t know what it’s called! I just found it online in a buy and sell group that I’ve joined which is Hachi’s Buy & Sell. It has no brand whatsoever but I think this one’s from China and is a generic brand. It’s commonly known as the “fast hair straightener” online and the most famous brand is the Apalus Brush Hair Straightener. I’ve seen a branded version of this one but hell naaaw I’d be spending $300 on a hair tool and also, I don’t think it’s available in the Philippines.

So, thank you genius people of China who created a cheaper version of this.

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.31.48 PM

I didn’t expect anything from this one because I thought my hair is too frizzy and thick that it can’t be straightened if the iron plate is just on the base. Ya get what I mean? Looking at it, every bristles has its own iron plate so by the time that you comb your hair and the bristles touched your hair, it will be straightened.

It took me around 8 mins to style to my hair which is cool.

This is how my hair looks like after:

t4

Not that bad but still bad LOL

VERDICT

Love it! It’s so easy to use, I can choose the temperature, not as heavy as I imagined, it did straighten my hair, and is cheap. I don’t think I’d be using it on daily basis though as my hair was twice as fried when I washed it after I used this. So don’t be dumb as me and apply a heat protectant first!

Where to buy?

I got mine from a seller I found online but I won’t suggest it to you because gurl is rude as fuck. I asked something about the iron comb after I bought it and she saw my message but never replied. So, nope. No free advertising for you!

If you’re in the PH, check out Hachi’s, OLX, and eBay.

If you’re outside the country, check out Amazon and eBay.

How much?

I got mine for PHP 700.00 with a handling fee of PHP 100.00. Price ranges from PHP 600-800.00. For USD price, it costs a lot! Around $55 or so but definitely try it out.

That’s all, folks! Let me know what you wanna see on my next video. 🙂

• Reply Ochi October 16, 2015 at 10:52 am

LOL, I love the before and after photo! I’m so envious you have the time to work on vlogs! May I know what video editor do you use?

• Reply Jacklynne October 19, 2015 at 5:40 am

I use iMovie. Thank you so much! <3

• Reply Ochi October 20, 2015 at 4:20 am

Ugh, I figured, There’s no decent movie editor for Windows. Not I’m really tempted to get a MBP. LOL.

Ochi |Ochi In The City

• Reply Jacklynne October 21, 2015 at 8:16 pm

For reals! Windows Movie Maker sucks balls! Super duper satisfied of my purchase.

• Reply Anonymous October 21, 2015 at 7:13 pm

where can I buy this in pounds ?

• Reply mikiea November 1, 2015 at 9:15 pm

thanks for the advice will totally check out eBay!

• Reply jamila December 8, 2015 at 1:02 am

Where was it made ??

• Reply Shyii January 2, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Hi Miss Jac. This review is really helpful to me. 😊 I will really try this out. But I’m still confused. Mainit po ba yung bristles nya? Kasi I’m planning to buy two of this para sa papa ko. Hahaha curly po kasi buhok namin. And gusto nya mag straight buhok nya. Kaso nahihirapan sya sa mga flat iron kasi sobrang ikli ng buhok nya.. Advisable po ba to mag touch sa anit?

• Reply Jacklynne January 11, 2016 at 7:22 pm

No, it’s very safe. 🙂 You won’t feel the heat.

• Reply Leigh January 30, 2016 at 9:35 am

Hi Miss Jack! Longevity wise? How many hours before the hair goes back to normal? Like frizz out or not be straight anymore? Taking into consideration the humidity of our country? and you might have sweated a little while doing something or perhaps riding public transport. Thanks so much in advance! I really want to buy one of these but I don’t want to buy it if it won’t last at least a few hours. Thanks again!

• Reply Jacklynne January 30, 2016 at 8:51 pm

It lasts 12 hours on me! Around 8 hrs when I can see those baby hair back to its little curls but nothing a quick brushing up wouldn’t fix.

• Reply Tanya April 21, 2016 at 4:17 am

Hello po. I really would like to ask if normal lang po bang uminit yung surface nya sa likod after gamitin, kase ganyan nangyari po saken, mga 30-40 minutes talaga yung lumipas bago nag cool down. It this normal po? And what heat protectant product do u recommend?

• Reply Jacklynne April 21, 2016 at 8:56 am

Yes. Normal lang. I use Schwarzkopf Heat Protectant.